|Jim RoBerts, Author of the Code of War||
Check out this lovely review for Olympus Rises here at the Heroic Fantasy Writer's blog here
Here's some reviews for Olympus Rises:
- "fast-paced speculative fiction...a worthy addition to any book lovers’ collection" - John Dizon
- "Never a dull moment, indeed. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for an exciting action-packed wild ride filled with exotic weaponry and a peek into what the future battlefield might look like" - The Book Czar
- "Pulls no punches and exciting for fans of militaristic action. Would not be out of place in a G.I.Joe style flick" - Adam Knight, Author
- "This is like McNab but with a bit more ummpphhh! I love the strong characters" - Id-Sarah
- "This book is a definite page turner I read the whole thing in just over a week can't wait for the next one" - Martin Taylor
AND, lets not forget the lovely Troll reviews!
- "Very predictable, struggled to read it to the end. And as for trying to write a character with a Cockney accent, reminded me of Dick Van Dyke's attempt at an accent in Mary Poppins." - Martyn Parsons
- "Rubbish" - Unknown
To all those who have read my book and given it a chance, you have my eternal gratitude. I hope you enjoyed it and will give the second book 'The Peacemakers' a chance when it comes out in July
The second book in the Code of War series will be released this July. I am hesitant on giving an exact date, as I don't want to rush myself. Lets just say that it will be out by the end of the month and be done with it.
Anyway, I am very excited for the way the story is turning out. Allthough responses to Olympus Rises has been, on the whole, pretty good, I would be lying if I felt that it was the absolute best I could do. I am very proud of the book, but it was, after all, my first book. So I learned A LOT from it and have applied those lessons to the second book, which I am putting my whole heart and soul in. Larger than life, epic in scope, it's the book I always wanted to write. Olympus Rises is necessary to get everything out of the story. I will have more info about the book in the next little while!
Welcome to the home site for the Code of War series by Canadian author, Jim Roberts. The series is an Action/Adventure/Science Fiction epic that will span multiple books. I have envisioned the series as "Harlequin Romance for Men", meaning I wish it to fill a genre niche I have found curiously lacking in the online Ebook culture - smoothly written Action/Adventure Fantasy. I wrote the series to have everything: Action, Cyborgs, Gunfights, Chases, Escapes, Gadgets; everything someone would want in escapist fiction!
Inspired by the works of Alistair Maclean, Hideo Kojima and Don Pendleton, this series is meant to give readers a jolt of literary adrenaline!
The first book in the series is titled Olympus Rises and will be available on most Ebook platforms on August 16th, 2013.
Two weeks before the final withdrawal of all Coalition forces, a small unit of Army Rangers is attacked and destroyed by a Private Army known only as Olympus. The survivors, Joe Braddock and his friend, Canadian special forces soldier Danny Callbeck, are captured and held in a fortress in the Pamir Mountains of Kazinistan. There, they must affect a daring escape from their captors, and at the same time find the secret of the mysterious Code of War.